Saturday, October 23, 2010

WEEKLY DIARY

I'm sorry it has been a while since I wrote a post. I’ll write more regularly from now on, as I feel that the more I write, the more I want to write whereas the less I write, the more I can’t be bothered. And also the reason I have a blog in the first place is to reflect on my daily/weekly life. So I’ll write a weekly dairy every week, no matter how busy I am. Afterall there is a reason it’s called a weekly diary :)

Things I love this week :
Oprah article '11 ways to find your calling'. It is about 11 people from all different career background talking about how they know about what they want to do with their life. I find it lovely and inspiring. These are the 4 (in bold font) that I most relate to (although all are lovely).

1. Peggy Whitson PhD
NASA's Most Experienced Astronaut (377 Days in Space)

On day three or four of my first orbit in space, I remember thinking, "I get to stay up here." It was this sensation of being in the right place. I knew then that I would be back. One hundred and eighty days later, it was still hard for me to leave.


I love the word 'of being in the right place'. I like to dance & perform, part of it is because of the sensation I feel when I am on stage. It feels like I am in the right place and it always feels amazing, even since I was a little kid performing in a school christmas concert. I'm sure the same thing apply with other jobs (vet= around animals, writer = laptop, chef= kitchen).

2. Judith Jamison
Dancer, Artistic Director of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater

I live my life day by day with a lot of prayer and not necessarily immediate revelations, because I always think God takes his good time in lettin' you know what's doin'.


I love this because it reminds me that if you want to be something good, there is no such thing as a short cut. Something worth achieving needs tremendous hardwork and a lot of mistakes and problems to build up experience and maturity. It needs 'a good time' to get there.

3. Kathleen Sebelius
Former Governor of Kansas, Now Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services

I am a believer in the need to take a few risks. You don't get a new job unless you put yourself out there. I'm not suggesting jumping off the tops of buildings without parachutes, but having some willingness to say, I don't know everything about this, but, boy, I can learn it as well as anybody, and I can roll up my sleeves and work really hard. So I'm going to walk through that door, and if it's not open I might kick it a little bit and then walk through.


I like the word 'kick it a little bit'. Life is not easy and at the end of the day however wonderful our peers are, we still have to stand up for ourselves. And all those successful person are usually the ones who are not afraid of obstacles and show a lot of determination and guts and courage to ‘walk through’ them.

4. Masaharu Morimoto
Iron Chef (Food Network), Owner of Two Eponymous Restaurants in New York and Philadelphia

I had two dreams. One, I wanted to be a professional baseball player. The other was to be a chef. Every couple of months, right after my father got paid, we went out to dinner as a family. My father was relaxed, my mother pleased to be out. I admired the sushi chefs, who looked very cool in their starched white jackets behind the sushi bar. That was one of my happiest times as a child.


This one reminds me of my childhood dream. When I was a kid and (at that time) I wanted to be a ballerina, it was first because of the pink tutus. It was the whole appearance that I fell in love with: the pink tutus, ballerina buns, how the ballerinas have their head up and posture straight. I thought they look so elegant and pretty.

I love this picture from http://-sexappeal.tumblr.com


I also love this interview from Madison magazine Nov 2010 edition.

MY BALANCED LIFE by Charlotte Dodson :

Here Miranda Kerr and Rachael Finch’s yoga teacher explains how various therapeutic approaches, from the dietary to the creative, keep her body and mind in shape :

DAILY: Every morning I start my day with a glass of lemon juice and purified water. Lemons are alkaline-forming and aid in balancing out any acidity within the body, and water activates my internal maintenance systems. Along with this, I take a shot of E3Live, a wonderful aqua-botanical superfood that acts as a tonic for the mind and body.

WEEKLY: I strum my heart once a week during a guitar lesson. The rhythmic patterns and vibrational colours of music provide the quickest route to connecting with your inner soul- to finding that place of peace and pure joy. It gives me time to zone out and disconnect from my inner dialogue and enter into the world of melody and tone.

MONTHLY: With the amount of yoga I practice and teach, a remedial massage releases any stressors and built-up impurities I may be holding onto and maintains my body’s vitality on all levels. My masseuse nurtures my physical self from head to toe and puts my various alignments into perfect balance.

I love this Disney quotes from http://rachealxgreatestever.tumblr.com


I love MoS Burger.
I used to live in Singapore and there is this Mos Burger outlet which I love so much. This week I suddenly have this urge to eat them! MOS Burger is one of the largest hamburger chains in Japan. After returning to Japan from living in Los Angeles, Mr. Sakurada started his hamburger shop venture and set up the first MOS Burger shop in Tokyo in 1972. MOS stands for Mountain Ocean and Sun. Committed to producing food fine-tuned to the Japanese palate, Mr. Sakurada inspired his team to create innovative products that would stand the test of time. One of the finest creations was the Rice Burger, which proved a smash hit when it was launched in Japan in 1987. I love those rice burgers. They are so amazing!

Hot Yakiniku Rice Burger
Yakiniku Rice Burger
Ebi Rice Burger
Unagi Rice Burger
Teriyaki Chicken Burger

5 Things I do this this week :

- I have been saying good morning to the person standing next to me in the elevator.
- I saw 'Eat Pray Love' in the cinema. Bali is gorgeous and those italian foods! Oh My!
- I have finished watching the TV show 'Drop Dead Diva' season 1 &2. I love that show! Stacy is so adorable.
- I had a wonderful facial at Ella Bache. Not only my beautician has a flawless face, she is so lovely too.
- Last weekend there was this Australian Salsa Classic, which is the national competition for salsa. Watching the competition gave me a mixed feeling. I was somehow sad because it made me miss skating. In a way it made me miss my skating friends and those skating years, the competitions that I used to participate and friends’ competition that I used to watch and support. I always love watching skating competitions because I got to sit back and see people stressing out :) Lol I know but seriously after going through all those stress yourself (the day before, for example), it was nice to be in the audiences, just cheering and watching a show, not worrying too much. So yes, I miss my skating years :(

picture from http://allthosenames.tumblr.com

picture from http://-sexappeal.tumblr.com

1 comment:

  1. mos Burger looks really yum.
    The African picture is nice.
    I always love reading your weekly diary

    ReplyDelete