Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I was really scared

So last weekend, on saturday morning, around 5.45am, I was in the convinience store near central station. I was really hungry, so I was out buying hotdog and a juice and I sat just in front of the store to eat them (there are a few chairs around).

There were 3 young girls entering the store. One of them came out first carrying a can of coke. The other two were still inside.

The first girl, was around 15 years old, she was standing beside me. She whispered, her voice was totally creepy.

'You little slut, I'll bash you if you don't give me your bag'

She was totally on drugs, her eyes were red and watery. She had so much hatred in her eyes. She looked at me as if she was going to to kill me. she wasnt afraid of anything.

I said 'what?' prentending not to get it.

I was thinking what to do. I definately didnt want to give her my bag. I had afew hundred dollars inside, my phone, ipod, etc. But i was so scared of her.

She said, in a slightly louder voice, showing me her can of coke.

'I'll break your head if you don't give me your bag, bitch'

So i said 'okay'.

I stood up and ran inside the store. she didnt chase after me or jump to me. wuihh! I told the guy that she's crazy and what she just told me. I know the guy. I go to that convinience store quite often. and he said yes, her friends were trying to steal some stuffs. They then left.

I was so scared to go home afterwards, worrying that she's watching over me and that she hated me even more then. So I hanged around at the internet cafe nearby for a little while.

I thought, if not only her, but her other two friends were circling me too, I wouldnt be able to do anything. Or if I had my bag on the table, instead of on my lap, she would just grab it and ran.

I know the situation was not that life threatining considering she didnt have a knife or gun, but her eyes scared me like endless. And she was about fifteen!

I walked on the street of sydney so many times and seeing people asking passerbys for money. They would say they needed a bus ride fare home, they haven't eaten for days. I used to give them when they asked. I thought of karma you know, how difficult is their life and how blessed is mine and that 5$ is nothing to me. But apart of that, I was quite scared too. I was scared of them cursing me, screaming at me, being angry at me, I was scared of being hated.

But nowadays I dont give anymore. If they are old or disable, I would. Really I swear i would. But if they are young and healthy, and I know exactly that they can get enough money from social security regularly to be able to live decently. And I know that they ask money from people daily. it's like their everyday job. And they are all yound and healthy! Sometimes they harass people for it. and we, on the other hand, work so hard to earn every cent of our money. If its indonesia, totally different story, people there are really really poor and starving, they cant really get money from the government just by saying they are jobless. and there are barely jobs there too. people dont have money because they truly can't find any work. My heart goes out to them and i would give them any money if I have.
It saddened me and touched me how poor fathers (in underdeveloped countries) works and sweating from early morning to late at night, doing hard tiring demanding stuff to earn very little income to just keep their family alive and hopefully to send their kids to school. And when it comes to food, they would selflessly give their shares to their wife and kids.

And these people when they have had social security still demanding money from strangers. Not 1 or 2 dollars, but sometimes 10to 20 dollars.
So now, i say no to them. The first time i did it was hard. I'm the type of person who doesnt like to disappoint anyone or for people to hate me. But it got easier from time to time.

Their response was usually 'Fuck you, bitch' or other types of nasty swear words.
One particular woman is the same woman who asked me and I gave 5$ the week before. (yes, you'll meet the same person). She didn't even remember or respect me, does she?

No comments:

Post a Comment