Monday, July 23, 2012

I'm going to start MY WEEKLY DIARY again :)



This week I love reading :

Tynan's Rules for Living: (8 out of 15 that I really like)

1. When you say you’re going to do something, do it. I believe that without his word, a man is nothing. This rule applies to things I tell others I will do as well as things I tell myself I’ll do.

2. Don’t lie, don’t exaggerate, don’t withhold information, don’t mislead. This rule exists mainly because it affects my performance in every day life. If I know that whatever I do will be related with perfect fidelity to others, I do it better. It also allows me to show proper respect to the people in my life. The one exception is authority figures who have the power to enforce rules but make them. For example, I might lie to a police officer to try to get out of a speeding ticket.

3. Show up on time, always. This rule is pretty recent, maybe a year or so. I’ve decided that when I commit to being somewhere at a particular time, I will always be there at exactly that time. The trick is to just get there five minutes early every single time and wait. It’s a very very minor inconvenience in return for being much more reliable.

5. Walk out of movies, stop reading books, leave parties. If I’m participating in some sort of entertainment and I realize that it’s not going to be worth the additional time spent, I leave. The fact that I paid $10 and watched half of the movie is irrelevant. The real decision at hand is: how do I want to spend the next hour of my life.

7. Listen to people. I used to be bad at this and I hate it when people don’t pay attention in conversation. So when I have a conversation with someone, I make sure I’m really listening and not just waiting for my turn to speak. Sounds basic, but I’d say 50% of people don’t do it.

12. Do things other people aren’t doing. This one is more of a heuristic than a rule, but I include it because it defines so many of my decisions. When making a choice, I will greatly favor the unknown over the known. I feel like this is how you contribute to society, even if it’s in a very small way.

13. Always be learning something. I always have at least one learning project going on at all times. Right now it’s Violin. Soon I’ll be as good as I want to be (able to play one full Mozart song poorly), and I will move on to either Chinese or Japanese.

14. Never have debt. I would suffer way before having debt. That doesn’t mean I won’t borrow $20 from a friend if I forget my wallet, but I would never finance anything other than a house, and only then because I can get a higher return on my money than a mortgage would charge me.

Read the other 7 at http://zenhabits.net/tynans-rules/

His blog at http://www.blogger.com/www.tynan.com

From Cleo August 2012 :

-About Facebook and other social media:

Studies show a link between the use of social media and feelings of anxiety, low self esteem and inadequacy. "Very few people publish their wobbly moments or failings. As a result, we get a false reference point for normal." Clinical psychologist Catherine Boland says it's about trying to prove something to ourselves than others. "Some people are reliant on having the best of things in order to compensate for feelings of inadequacy or self-worth," she explains.

-Life Advice :

FromLife Coach Lisa Phillips (amazingcoaching.com.au)

"We all make mistakes in life. They aren't a reflection of your personality, but how you deal with them is. I don't beat myself up when life's shitty!"

From Relationship psychologist and author John Aiken (johnaiken.com.au)

"The key to making a relationship work is making it a priority. I do little things daily that make my wife feel special, like giving her compliments or being affectionate. Remember it's okay to argue but it's how you fight that's important. Listen to their concerns first, then make your points calmly. "

I love these :


Ring with hidden love messages, made in France 1830-60.
Source : http://m.vam.ac.uk/collections/item/O118638/ring-unknown/


"Opal should be the stone for engagement rings. Opal is so much more gorgeous than diamond. Love isn’t clear, it’s cloudy. And the colour should be kept inside, not reflected all over the place. Just a thought. "
Source: http://pixelpapers.tumblr.com/

I Love Rapunzel/Tangled and these just amaze me !!

Rapunzel has 70 feet of golden hair and more than 100,000 individual strands :)
Picture from : http://www.disneylicious.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=883


Tangled concept art by Claire Keane. WoWW.
Picture from : http://princessdisney-princesasdisney.blogspot.com.au/2011/05/concept-art-de-rapunzel-por-claire.html

By Claire Keane. Amazing !




These 4 pictures are from : http://www.fanpop.com/spots/tangled/images/31303146/title/rapunzel-concept-arts-made-claire-keane-photo.

I love the idea of this Cruise!



I love these 2 articles. They are brilliant!

-"Life is for living, not productivity."
http://zenhabits.net/kill-time/

"Experience is irrelevant. Accomplishments are everything.

Successful people don't need to describe themselves using hyperbolic adjectives like passionate, innovative, driven, etc. They can just describe, hopefully in a humble way, what they've done."
http://www.inc.com/jeff-haden/9-beliefs-of-remarkably-successful-people.html


I love these sayings/quotes:

"The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little, soon-forgotten charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment.”
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self."
-Charles Dickens

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.”
-(I can't remember who said this > <)

"What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning!”
-Charlie Chaplin

"When I was a girl, my life was music that was always getting louder. Everything moved me. A dog following a stranger. That made me feel so much.”
-Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

"If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life.”
-Abraham Maslow


Picture from: http://unadoptable.tumblr.com/

Until next week! x

No comments:

Post a Comment