Friday, January 18, 2013

FOOD HIGHLIGHT (October-December)

GOWINGS BAR AND GRILL
Gowings Bar & Grill is an edgy contemporary restaurant located at the quirky designer boutique style QT Hotel. QT Hotel is one of a kind, the lift has sensors that actually detect the number of passengers, solo guests get songs about loneliness (All by Myself?), couples get love songs, Groups get party songs. How cool is that? The restaurant itself is glamorous and chic, with an open plan kitchen and the waitresses serve you wearing evening dresses during dinner services :)

Beer Steamed Prawn Cocktail. Cocktail sauce, with fresh wasabi & cognac, iceberg, tomato, cucumber.
Ahh the presentation is so beautiful :) . I love this restaurant's version of prawn cocktail so much! The sauce is very addictive and I love the addition of fresh wasabi. I'll definitely order it again on my next visit :)

Pasture fed Beef Steak tartare. Pickled black shimeji mushroom, beet leaves, biodynamic egg, classic condiments. 
I'm still getting used to eating raw beef, sometimes I love steak tartare or sometimes I don't depends on the freshness of the beef and how it was prepared and the taste of the seasoning and all the other condiments. I quite enjoyed this one :)

Vanilla Goat's Cheese Cake, Raspberry Granita, Spearmint Jelly, Raspberry Sherbet.
Yum I love goat cheese and I love cheesecake (so I love this goat cheesecake. DuH!). The raspberry granita and spearmint jelly add freshness to the already creamy yummy cheesecake ^^

The amazing butter for the bread! I love beautiful butter :)

BLUE ANGEL
This Lobster Marco Polo (which is Blue Angel's specialty and prepared in the dining room before my eyes) is seriously the most amazing pasta dish ever!!! And it's huge too!! This tomato-based sauce, perfectly cooked pasta finished with wine and cognac is so so so so good. Man, I can have this everyday! ^^

I started my dinner at Blue Angel having their goose liver pate, served with some Italian toasted bread. The pate is lush and delicious, it is rich yet I managed to finish the whole lot! (hehe no surprises there) ^^

 Zabaglione for dessert, look at how beautiful the colour of the custard is!

 JAMIE'S ITALIAN
Buffalo Ricotta Ravioli with Lemon, Mint and Parmesan.
Delicious, smells amazing, nice and light, I love Jamie's Italian, the foods are great and yet not too expensive.

Cheese board (Pecorino & Gorgonzola) & a glass of red which the waiter chose for me. 
Perfect pairings, thank you dear waiter ! :)

ALFREDO
Linguine scampi
I love scampi and I love pasta and this dish is just sublime. The pasta is al dente, the sauce is beautifully light and fresh, and the scampi is juicy and perfectly cooked.

Alfredo is an authentic Italian restaurant and recognised as one of the best Italian restaurants in the world by the President of the Italian Republic. The beautiful restaurant has romantic piano live music every Wednesday to Saturday and opera night on some occasions.

Chocolate and Raspberry Semifreddo to end the beautiful dinner :)

LONGRAIN @ CRAVE NIGHT NOODLE MARKET
This Silken tofu salad is super fresh and tasty, probably my favourite vegetarian dish ever ! ^^

This coconut ice cream is the best coconut ice cream I've ever had. Creamy, not too sweet, and pretty light, those 3 scoops feels like nothing. hehe :)

(BREAKFAST @) ST JUDE
Corn pumpkin fritters with avocado cream, spinach, poached egg, hollandaise sauce.
My flatmate took me here as this is one of his favourite cafe. This breakfast is so satisfying, I love avocado, I love egg and hollandaise sauce, and I love fried stuff (the fritters) :) I don't love spinach but I know it's good for me so I ate them ^^
The coffee in this place is really good too!

REUBEN & MOORE
Crisp skin pork leg. Brown sugar, vanilla apple sauce, duck fat roasted potatoes, caramelised vegetables.

Yum, Look at the crispy pork crackling. My mouth is watering while I'm writing this right now ^_^

HOME COOKED
A friend made this for me........ West Australian Marron grilled in butter sauce. Super Good. Super with capital S :)

(COCKTAIL @) THE ARGYLE
Chambord, berry and tropical flavours, with a light citrus air and a candy finish. Comes with a mini lemon sorbet waffle cone.
I love having a cocktail in the afternoon because the bar is quiet. I am weird I know :p

FROZEN YOGURT
Mango frozen yogurt from Yogurberry

Pomegranate and Melon frozen yogurt. I put my own toppings which are gummy bears, melon jelly, popping candy, jelly beans and caramel popcorn. Ahh.... I love putting my own toppings! ^^
From Smoyo Frozen Yogurt

SWEET INFINITY
Strawberry, vincotto & pink peppercorn macaron & Orange honeycomb macaron.
I love Sweet Infinity macarons because they are not too sweet. I love the cakes and everything there as well. (hehe of course I do) ^^

WILBUR'S PLACE
Toasted Brioche ice cream with caramel.
Sitting outside, one sunny afternoon at the Cross eating brioche ice cream with a cup of coffee. What can possibly be better?

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment