Saturday, October 12, 2013

WEEKLY DIARY: educating myself on domestic violence and dreaming about staying at treehouse resorts

1.

Leslie Morgan Steiner says "I was also a very typical victim because I knew nothing about domestic violence. Its warning signs or its patterns."

"I did not know that the first stage in any domestic violence relationship is to seduce and charm the victim. I also did not know that the second step is to isolate the victim. The next step in the domestic violence pattern is to introduce the threat of violence and see how she reacts. We victims know something you (non-victim) usually don't. It's incredibly dangerous to leave an abuser, because the final step in the domestic violence pattern is 'kill her'. Over 70% of domestic violence murders happens after the victim has ended the relationship."

I'm one of the lucky one because I've never been a victim. It's so common though, I've seen it happened with friends, so it is really good to watch this video and educate myself and hopefully to prevent myself from being such victims in the future. Sometimes you think you're smart and strong and this type of thing will never happen to you in a million year but always remember, the predators are usually smarter and more experienced and more manipulative than you and you would never have expected that coming until it is a bit too late.

2. Have you ever wanted to own a piece of space? I love this glow in the dark, handmade 'You are my universe' Galaxy heart shaped locket necklace. 
The description from Etsy website :
"Space, galaxies, stars... the Universe's most beautiful creations. This pendant captures the unique beauty of the Galaxy, like looking into the window of space. My galaxy jewellery is inspired by the video game 'Mass Effect'. In it, Humanity has found a place amongst the stars along side millions of intelligent beings scattered across the Universe. I will never be a scientist or astrophysicist, but I hope that my art can inspire others to help reach through to the stars and beyond.
Pendant reacts to any light source but prefers UV/sunlight. Please give your galaxy jewellery a full minute of light to charge for best results."

All the galaxy jewelleries from Leah's etsy shop looks so magically beautiful!



Each pendant will be created individually and will vary which means no two pieces will look alike. Now you can own a little bit of space! Wow I want one :)

3. I love this knot ring and the description behind it. Gush, so romantic :)


4. I love this Classic book covers for kindle/kobo! If I have to choose one, I'll get the Peter Pan one (because I love Peter Pan) ;)



5. One can hope, but one day I'd love to stay at treehouse hotel rooms. This Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia is like paradise on earth!
Description from the website: "Designed for guests interested in a little more than the usual dose of privacy, the Treehouse Villa is perfect for honeymooners or couples. A jungle walkway leads your ascent to your own romantic haven, partially hidden by trees. An outdoor jacuzzi, or a private jungle plunge pool and a lounge, truly set the tone for an intimate experience high up in the tree tops.

And check out the heavenly spa room. There is even an outdoor shower section! OMG I so want to do that :)
There are 2 stunning restaurants in the resorts and a wine cave (an underground wine cellar that stores over 4500 bottles of wine). It also houses an impressive collection of cigars, which can be enjoyed at the adjoining outdoor patio. Fancy!



6. I love this cafe sign. Hooray! I made it out of bed! Yeay, high five! :D

7. I love the design of this bathroom! and how the glass shower is in the middle of the room. So COOL! Man! I love beautiful interior designs, especially beautiful bathrooms (as I love spending a lot of time in my bathroom, having a bath, etc) and always find bathroom to be a relaxing and therapeutic place, hehe :D

8. I love how cheeky this eating disorder ad is ;)

9. I bought these 2 Cotton on Foundation (Empowering Youth) charity charm bracelets. The coloured strings have 'joy' 'love' and 'hope' engraved on the 3 charms, while the silver bead (not sure if that's silver?) bracelet has 'faith' engraved on the round charm.  I know this is such a little thing to help the society, but I want to start collecting and buying more charity charm bracelets whenever I see them in shops and wear them everywhere I go . Maybe you can do that too? Let's do it together! Plus the design is so pretty :)
And I just love wearing meaningful little words around my hand :)

 10. I love this quotes about quilty pleasure, time, remarkability and perfection:

"What's my quilty pleasure? The thing is, I don't feel quilty about my pleasures." -Tom Hiddleston

"The right time is any time that one is still lucky to have." -Henry James

"Do what you do so well that people can't resist telling others about you." -Walt Disney

"You don't need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfection." -Wilson Kanadi

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."  
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Once in a while, blow your own damn mind.

Picture sources:
2. http://www.etsy.com/shop/GeekOUTlet?ref=top_trail
3. http://forbiddenadoration.tumblr.com/post/49659479722/here-is-my-ring-for-the-anon-and-the-meaning
4. http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/klevercase/product/classic-book-case-for-kindle
5. http://www.bungarayaresort.com
6. http://niknak79.tumblr.com/post/41359231978
7. http://designed-for-life.tumblr.com/post/62841456489
8. http://antisexual.tumblr.com/post/8586350044

No comments:

Post a Comment