Thursday, November 18, 2010

WEEKLY DIARY

It's been another long time since I updated my blog. I rarely turn on my computer nowadays. Lately I've doing things such as: read my long-forgotten novels, window shop, go to more dance classes, go to salsa clubs, go to cafes and read their old magazines, watch some dvds, work.

Anyway I can't believe that time goes so fast and it's almost Christmas soon! I always love the vibe of christmas. The peaceful happy christmas songs/music, festive decorations, christmas movies (home alone/love actually/sister act). Everything looks beautiful, the moods seems peaceful and everbody looks happy getting together with their family and friends. I'm a bit sad that my family is not here, but this year I'm planning on getting together with close friends to have a really beautiful dinner in a really amazing restaurant. (Last year I worked on Christmas to get a double pays :( sad )
I am definately going to make it happen this christmas :)
photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/sowrongitssara/4524290961/

"There are four things you cannot recover in life. The stone after it's thrown. The word after it's said. The occasion after it's missed. And the time after it's gone. So live life to the fullest and regret nothing."
- Anonymous


THINGS THAT I LOVE THIS WEEK :

picture from http://theuberblog.tumblr.com/
ISN'T THIS FUNNY? LOL

These quotes

"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand."
-American Indian Proverb.

"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are : precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least others can learn from."
-Al Franken


SOMETHING THAT MAKE ME SAD THIS WEEK :


"A family photo that shows a little girl beside her father and his fellow soldiers in uniform as they prepare to go to war has resonated well beyond the tight knit Bennethum clan.
Four-year-old Paige Bennethum really, really didn’t want her daddy to go to Iraq.
So much so, that when Army Reservist Staff Sgt. Brett Bennethum lined up in formation at his deployment this July, she couldn’t let go.
No one had the heart to pull her away."


I LOVE THIS ARTICLE FROM OPRAH :

Jenny Peterson, who received a prosthetic implant in January 2010 to restore the sight that she lost in 1976 after a reaction to antibiotics.

"Simple everyday things bring me To tears. Watching butter being spread is fascinating. Cutting my meat without struggling gives me so much joy. I look at my husband and say, 'I did that myself.' I'm surrounded by so much beauty and color : my husband's blue eyes, the red pieces on the Candy Land Game that my grandson and I play, the way the light hits the colored glass windows at church, the stark branches against the blue winter sky. I've been watching movies of my children when they were in high school, playing volleyball, acting in plays. Imagining them doing those things wasn't the same. I was 23 when I lost my sight, and my children were 2 and 5. When I see my young grandchildren, it's as if I'm looking at my children again when they were little-picturing how the wind blew my daughter's hair across the side of her face. I can't wait to witness my granddaughter's first steps. And I love watching my grandson dance. When he used to visit and wanted to play outside, he always knew that Grandma stayed on the deck. But I recently told him, 'Grandma isn't going to stay on the deck anymore.' "

“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
-Emily Dickinson.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the Oprah interview quote, it is so powerful. And your away-from-the-computer activities sound lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love christmas as well.. i don't know why but it made me feel happy and sparkling..
    Virgo - lawyer. nyum..

    So sad to see lil paige

    ReplyDelete