Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE START OF 2012

“I am made of things that are stronger and brighter than you would believe.”
— Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson



The short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was based on a remark by author Mark Twain. Twain famously remarked that, “life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of 80 and gradually approach 18.”

I always thought how fast life's gone by and how sometimes I wish I can go back to the age when I was 18 and relive that memory. I always have a little regret of how I wasted my life around when I was young, chased the wrong guy, spent all my money buying present for my player ex boyfriend. Sigh first love, what can I say? Of course all my life experiences made me to what I am today (although I still made the same mistake again now and then) but I'm definately tougher now:) Somehow 18 is always been my favourite age, because there was no worries in the world, I just need to do my homework, pass my exam, and don't come home too late. Yet that was the age when I began to learn alot about life, love, family and friendship and that's when I started my own little life adventure. That age brought some truly beautiful memories.

I always looked back at our past wishing that we can relive all the great moments.
Yet in doing so, I would forget about living in the present moment. What I want to try to do more now is to live in the moment and savor it totally because this is the time that I will miss in the future. I want to live my everyday with awareness.

I found a few new year resolution from different sources that I love :

From Sarah Wilson
http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2011/12/dont-make-new-year-resolutions-play-instead/#more-3527

"I will see what happens.
-Let’s see. Let us see. Let (allow) you, me, the forces that steer the universe, see what happens.
I will find ordinariness really rather lovely.
I will continue to find setbacks amusing."

From Gandhi


And:
"We grow fearless by doing those things we fear.”
— The Secret Letters of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma

"It is impossible to live without failing at something. Unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.”
— J.K. Rowling



"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."
— Kurt Vonnegut


I WANT TO :
- Be interested and interesting
- Be an explorer of the world.

FINAL NOTE :

- Life commences not with birth, but with the onslaught of awareness.

- If you don't do foolish things when you are young, you won't have anything to smile about when you are old.

- 'If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough.'

- 'The successful person has the habit of doing the things
failures don't like to do. They don't like doing them either
necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the
strength of their purpose.' - E.M Gray

- When you talk you are only repeating what you already know, but if you listen, you may learn something new.

- 'Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.'

- 'Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary' - Oscar Wilde

- Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of good luck.

- Enjoy your youth. You'll never be younger than you are at this very moment.

- "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." - The Fight Club

“As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.” Carrie Bradshaw

"You are the same person you have always been, even though the person you are were might have difficulty recognising the person you have become. You are looking at a situation that, had it arisen in the distant past, might have floored you. But it is happening now, not then. You are ready for it. Life is about growing, learning and moving on."

picture is taken from http://jessepinkman.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment