Thursday, July 4, 2013

CAFE SYDNEY & GLASS BRASSERIE

Cafe Sydney and Glass Brasserie are two of my favourite restaurants in Sydney.

CAFE SYDNEY
Cafe Sydney has a cool vibe and sophisticated atmosphere with breathtaking harbour views due to its amazing location on the rooftop of Customs House. The restaurant also has an outdoor terrace and cocktail lounge. I love the cocktails at Cafe Sydney! As someone who normally drinks wine while fine dining, I always order at least 2 cocktails and no wine while dining here because their cocktails are just too good to only have one ;) Cafe Sydney supports a number of cultural events such as Sydney Film Festival And Sydney Festival.


Bombay Bridge is the award winning and one of Cafe Sydney's signature cocktails.
(Bombay Sapphire gin, Dom Benedictine, Creme de Pomme, lemon juice, homemade fig syrup. Served neat with a vanilla sugar rim).
One of my favourite cocktails of all time!


Sour Cherry and Maple Manhattan.
(Rittenhouse rye whiskey, Martini Rosso, maple syrup, sour cherrys, angostura bitters)
What a beautiful combination !


This is the special menu of the day. Everything looks good!!!


My entree is from the special daily menu. Steamed western Australian yabbies, garlic, herb, chilli butter.
OMG I love this. When there is any crustacean dishes on the menu, I normally order them for one of my courses because I love eating them so much:) Man I love Australia as it produces amazing seafood and wide selection of crustaceans. This is such a beautiful dish as the chilli and the seasoning doesn't overpower the yabbies at all. Such a perfect entree, light, fresh, delicious, mouth watering. I'm ready for my main course now :)


For main, I had one of Cafe Sydney's signature dishes. Tandoori roasted Tasmanian ocean trout, spinach bhaji, spiced beans, raita, coconut. Wow. OMG. Beautiful fish, perfectly cooked (the waiter asked how I like my fish to be cooked and I said medium rare) The tandoori seasoning is lovely, it gives a kick but yet not too strong for the fish. I think this is one of my favourite fish dishes cooked in any restaurant. It smells so good too! Lol And I also love the raita and the other condiments.

Cafe Sydney is well known for its chilled crustaceans, fresh oysters shucked to order, crab cakes, fish main dishes and quality cuts of meats due to the freshness of these produces and the strong working relationship the restaurant has with its suppliers.

I also had the goat cheese and spinach naan which is a must-have if you like naan and goat cheese. Even if you don't normally eat naan (prefer sourdough bread) TRY THE GOAT CHEESE AND SPINACH NAAN! They are delicious :)
Unfortunately, I didn't have time for desserts as I had to rush to catch a show at the opera house. However I'm well satisfied and my stomach was full 'enough' so no complain there :)

"We have understood from the day we opened that we are part of the fabric of the city, and we have always embraced being quintessentially Sydney," Director of operations of Cafe Sydney, Jan McKenzie

GLASS BRASSERIE

Glass Brasserie is one of the most beautiful looking restaurant in Sydney, which is located inside The Hilton Hotel. The exquisite and elegant interior is designed by internationally acclaimed New York designer Tony Chi and the restaurant features a 13 metre floor to ceiling glass windows overlooking the historic Queen Victoria Building. The menu, as the restaurant itself described, is simple and elegant, emphasis on fresh, seasonal and local produce prepared following classic French techniques.


My entree is Scallop ceviche, confit potato, elderflower dressing, Atlantic salmon, verjuice dressing, black Tasmanian truffle. I almost always have seafood for entree. This entree is on the special menu of the day and I just A-D-O-R-E everything in it. It has some of my favourite things such as raw scallop, raw atlantic salmon, confit potato. YUM! I also love the two different dressing (I've never had elderflower dressing before so that's also one of the reason for ordering this dish as I love trying new things/new dressings) ^^


For main, I ordered one of Glass Brasserie's signature dishes, which is Pan fried potato gnocchi, corn, asparagus, zucchini, parmesan, lemon thyme.
Very rare (actually never!) that I ordered a vegatarian main in a fine dining restaurant but I am glad I did because this is amazing!


Toffee souffle with Pecan butter ice cream. Ah how could I say no to soufflé?! This souffle is the best souffle I've ever had yet. Besides the fact that the souffle is light and perfect, I also love the flavour combination. I always love pecan butter and I love toffee and thankfully the overall taste is not too sweet for my liking. They are just perfect. I always smile when I eat souffle (Do you?) ^_^ So airy, dreamy, delectable, lovely.


My dining companion and I shared this bottle of Greek wine which is recommended by the sommelier and OMG I've never had a greek wine before, this one is so good! Rich and luscious tasting, the wine has a deep colour and smells beautiful. This wine is a combination of the three Greek indigenous grape varieties. Among them is Limnio, which is the oldest still existing Ancient Greek Variety mentioned by philosopher Aristotle in the 4th century B.C.

HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!
:)

"Great bottles of wine are not produced by accident - they are the result of concerted effort and a mind set that not all wine makers or growers share. If greatness is the desire, then one must make mediocrity the enemy." Quotes from www.nicks.com.au

 
View of Cafe Sydney (photo from www.cafesydney.com)


View of Glass Brasserie (photo from www.glassbrasserie.com.au)

No comments:

Post a Comment