Monday, July 15, 2013

WEEKLY DIARY - What I love this week

1. Having salted caramel chiller over Kahlil Gibran. Like my motto in life, 'Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures' :D
2. Oh! How I love this seat! 
3. I love this youtube video and the story behind it :)
Marina Abramovic is a New York-based 'performance artist' ... and her latest performance is to sit in an art space at the Museum of Modern Art and share a minute of silence staring into the eyes of any stranger who sits in front of her.
Marina's ex lover (a fellow performance artists known as Ulay) from the 70s shows up unexpectedly and sits in front of her.
In the 70s, Marina and Ulay performed art out of the van they lived in. When they felt the relationship had run its course, they decided to walk the Great Wall of China, each from one end, meeting for one last big hug in the middle and never seeing each other again.
This is a 3-minute video to capture the emotion of being reunited with a great love and how she reacts.

4. I love reading this writing & illustration 'When I was 27'. Well although I am already 28 years old, but (one day) I'd love to do all these things too :)



5. I love my cup! It totally understands me, the non-morning person I am :)


6. This is such a cool idea! What nice thing would you say?
7. I LOVE this travel quotes:
Travel is little beds and cramped bathrooms. It’s old television sets and slow Internet connections. Travel is extraordinary conversations with ordinary people. It’s waiters, gas station attendants, and housekeepers becoming the most interesting people in the world. It’s churches that are compelling enough to enter. It’s McDonald’s being a luxury. It’s the realization that you may have been born in the wrong country. Travel is a smile that leads to a conversation in broken English. It’s the epiphany that pretty girls smile the same way all over the world. Travel is tipping 10% and being embraced for it. Travel is the same white T-shirt again tomorrow. Travel is accented sex after good wine and too many unfiltered cigarettes. Travel is flowing in the back of a bus with giggly strangers. It’s a street full of bearded backpackers looking down at maps. Travel is wishing for one more bite of whatever that just was. It’s the rediscovery of walking somewhere. It’s sharing a bottle of liquor on an overnight train with a new friend. Travel is ‘Maybe I don’t have to do it that way when I get back home.
— Nick Miller, Isn’t It Pretty to Think So?

8. One day when I get married, I want to do this ^^

9. Amelie is one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE movies and I love its facebook page as it features my favourite quotes and some interesting facts from the movie and it makes me appreciate and love the movie even more.

The details in films that no one else sees

"Like all little girls, she'd like to be hugged by her Daddy. But he never touches her except during a monthly medical checkup. The thrill of this rare contact makes her heart beat like a drum. As a result, he thinks she has a heart defect."
Shopping in the rain in Paris (Amelie buys one fig and three nuts!)
For love

"I like to look for things no one else catches" -Amelie


Living life to the fullest. One adventure at a time.
"Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment. A soft light, a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind overcomes her." - Narrator

10. I love poetry. It would be nice if more people read poetry :)

I love these quotes :

"We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us."
-Friedrich Nietzche

"A child can teach an adult three things:
to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires."
-Paulo Coelho (Manuscript found in Accra)

The key to life is how well you deal with Plan B.

The most memorable people in your life are the ones that love you when you aren't very lovable.

Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."
-Martin Luther King

Picture sources :
2. http://thewine-darksea.tumblr.com/post/55401256464
4. http://posh-lost.tumblr.com/post/36998662773
6. http://0newithwolves.tumblr.com/post/55377787821/say-something-nice
8. http://disneyweddingdreams.tumblr.com/post/29696462991
9. https://www.facebook.com/AmelieMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment