Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The end of 2014

I really want to make a beautiful meaningful post about the highlights of my past year, 2014, but I'm hmm sort of lazy ( maybe I should change the title of my blog to 'A lazy girl's blog' ) hehe so I thought for now I'm just going to copy paste a few of my Facebook posts throughout last year : 
(Next year I promise I'll do a really meaningful post) :D

“One of the risks of being quiet is that other people can fill your silence with their own interpretation: You’re bored. You’re depressed. You’re shy. You’re stuck up. You’re judgmental. When others can’t read us, they write their own story—not always one we choose or that’s true to who we are.”
- Sophia Dembling, The Introvert’s Way 
#notstuckup  
#notbored
#mostlyjusthungrythinkingaboutdonuts 

“I like people with depth, I like people with emotion, I like people with a strong mind, an interesting mind, a twisted mind, and also people that can make me smile."

Just because you miss someone, doesn't mean you need them back in your life. 
Missing is just a part of moving on. 

"Every relationship has a cycle… In the beginning; you fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls, want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn’t hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn’t have to do anything. That’s why it’s called “falling” in love. People in love sometimes say, I was swept of my feet. Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something happened to you. Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It’s a natural cycle of every relationship.Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse’s idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts. The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship; you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, “Am I with the right person?”. And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when relationships breakdown.

People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes.Infidelity is the most common. But sometimes people turn to work, a hobby, friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances. But the answer to this dilemma does not lie outside your relationship. It lies within it. I’m not saying that you couldn’t fall in love with someone else. You could. And temporarily you’d feel better. But you’d be in the same situation a few years later. Because the key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it’s learning to love the person you found. Sustaining love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. You have to work on it day in and day out. It takes time, effort, and energy. And it demands wisdom. You have to know what to do to make it work. Make no mistake about it. Love is not a mystery or just a feeling. Love is a “decision”.

The universe determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go."


When I was in my teens to early twenties, I used to hate guys who broke up with me because I'd feel unloved and unliked. I was a little insecure back then (as we sometimes are because we are human) but as I get more mature with age, I've come to realise and accept that I cannot make everyone love me and I'm okay with that. (There is always pizza) :p
I saw a quote a year ago that says 'The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back'.
Now I'm not saying that I'm mature (no lol far from it :p) but by doing that it just makes me feel happier and lighter in heart and I'm sure in my life I've hurt a few people (not in purpose,not often, sometimes I was even unaware) and I hope that they can do the same and try to understand my situation (I might be in a bad phase of my life, in a bad mood, pms or just simply hungry T T ). And so we can all take nothing too personally and live happily ever after. Wouldn't it be wonderful?


“A man’s ego is just as fragile as a woman’s heart.”

"Just because two people are capable of deeply hurting each other over and over again does not make them passionate, star-crossed lovers. It makes them two people who keep doing terrible things to each other. Someone’s ability to make you completely and utterly soul-crushingly miserable does not mean they are a soul mate with some deep insight into your psyche. They are just someone who is really good at making you unhappy.”
Andrea Greb, You Are Not Blair Waldorf


A good girl is a bad girl that never get caught. 

“In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people’s home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!! I rest my case”
-Woody Allen


“Choose to believe that you are truly worthy. Worthy of love, worthy of affection, worthy of attention, worthy of acceptance, worthy of a second chance, worthy of being chosen, worthy of succeeding and of reaching for your dreams.”




"Good and bad things will happen in life. You just need to keep living and not stress over what you can't control."
Shawn Mckensie

No comments:

Post a Comment