Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cheap and tasty foods

I believe that good food doesnt always have to be expensive. Maybe because i was brought up in indonesia where the street foods are so cheap and amazing! and I've visited such country, such as thailand where the cheap street foods are so good and interesting.
So Although i do love fine dining and the delicacies such as lobster, crab, caviar, scallops, etc, I dont always have to have them. I'm happy to go to unknown restaurant around the block with an open mind and positive thought.

SAIGON SAIGON, Glebe.

It was a saturday night, and the red lightning inside was really inviting. (I always love red lightning, hmm)

Char-grilled chicken cutlets (very tender and tasty).


Vietnamese salt and pepper prawn. (love, love, love salt and pepper dishes)


In the mood for Thai, Surry Hills.



Seriously everytime I eat Thai food at any restaurant, I either eat :
-pad thai duck / seafood
-red curry duck/ seafood
-Choo chee duck / seafood
-tom yum soup
-papaya salad
I came to this place determine to eat anything other than those above. But then, just about 30 seconds after I placed my order, I changed one of the main dishes to surprise, surprise, Choo Chee lamb. (different name but the same description).
well....At least it is lamb. Still?


Marinated Lamb cutlets grilled and served in a spicy red curry sauce with creamy coconut milk. (a.k.a choo Chee lamb cutlet)
I love the sauce. Yum !


Fried fish fillet in black pepper sauce.
This is yum too. The fried fish is not soggy at all.

I am full. Let's go to sleep now and dream about having Giselle's body. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment