Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weekly diary "Lets drink teas and look at the greens".


Breakfast : Free range poached eggs served on organic Italian ciabatta with roasted mushroom, pesto and pecorino cheese.
This is one of my favourite breakfast ever. The pesto sauce is so yummy.


Banana and mango yoghurt smoothie. Nice, sweet, smooth and creamy. To start my sweet morning :)








Breakfast at Clipper cafe, Glebe, which I love because they open really early! (6am)



This week favourite quote :
“A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That's why they don't get what they want.” – Madonna -

"With you here, I know that life is much more fun." - pooh n piglet -


Things I learn this week :
I should drink :
-Redbush or rooibos tea
It Keeps your brain in shape while you sip. Protect brain against being attacked by free radicals linked to degenerative brain diseases, such as Alzheimer's. 
Also contain tooth-friendly calcium, manganese and fluoride content. 
-Oolong tea
It Boost kilojoule burns by up to 294kj a day, thanks to it's high caffeine and polyphenol content. 

I also should ( from oprah website)
"Fill my eyes with green
It's the color many jewelers use as a backdrop when they're working on a delicate piece; green is said to be the easiest color for the eye to see. It's also thought to balance emotions and bring on a feeling of calm. Have you ever been mesmerized by the dense green of a palm as it swayed in a tropical breeze?" 

Advice of the week :
Even if he doesn’t make your toes curl in the beginning, give him time he might grow on you. Patti Stanger

Joke of the week :
My husband is German, every night I get dressed up as Poland and he invades me. Bette Midler

Sweet of the week :
Homemade Tiramisu. (original recipe since the cafe opened in 1982)
I have this at Badde Manors Cafe at Glebe. This eclectic multicultural cafe has central-European feel and serve contemporary vegetarian dishes (from 7.30am up to midnight or 2am on weekends), beautiful Italian coffee and gelatos and Hungarian, French, Italian and Portuguese cakes/desserts.


This week I read :
50 ways to find a lover by Lucy-Anne Holmes
I've finished it. The book has officially become my favourite book ever. That GOOD! It's so freaking funny.
   
Highlight of the week :
I bought 3 books at Sapphos book and cafe second-hand bookshop.
I loved this place. There are a lot of variety of books, most of them about $10 for softcover and they don't look that bad appearance-wise. The bookshop itself has a courtyard cafe and they opened from 8.30am until 10pm. The cafe turns into wine & tapas bar at night and at times host events, such as poetry reading, sunday night live band, sunday afternoon live jazz. CooL huh??


(these two pictures are taken from http://gggiraffe.blogspot.com) Thank You!x

I bought :
- 50 ways to find a lover by Lucy-Anne Holmes.
- God's callgirl, a memoir by Carla Van Raay
( a true story about a woman's life journey from a convent girl at 18 to a sex worker at 34.)
- 90-day geisha by Chelsie Haywood.
( a true story about one english girl's immersion in the world of Tokyo hostessing, a late night entertainment for wealthy Japanese men drawn from the traditional institution of the geisha. )

Ps :
I love Zoe Foster. www.zoefoster.com.au
She was the beauty and lifestyle editor at Cosmopolitan Australia for 3 years before becoming the beauty director at Harpaar Bazar Australia. Currently she is the editor in chief of www.primped.com.au which she developed. She is also a (weekly) beauty columnist for The Sunday Telegraph and a (monthly) relationship columnist for Cosmopolitan magazine. Wait it's not over. In between she has a charming funny blog about beauty (makeup and more) at http://www.primped.com.au/zoes_blog and has written 3 novels.
1. Air Kisses, a fiction chicklit about the life & romance of one beauty editor. She included some amazing beauty tips and the books got a lot of praises.
2. Textbook Romance, a self-help relationship & dating advice book (written in her signature charming funny witty manner).
3. Playing the field, a fiction chicklit about the world of WAG (wife and girlfriend of footballers), (Zoe herself dated one footballer for 10 years).

There you go.

So yeah, although I'm so jealous about her life story (biting my bottom lip at this very second), but I also love her. Loveee her. I mean wow, what is it that she can't do? she hasn't done? or more importantly, What does she eat?
Her writing is intelligent, funny, fresh and charming. She's gorgeous too! (I should write a blog about Is Life Really Fair?) :)
Zoe is currently holidaying in Europe (and somewhere) for 2 months (while still fully working from her laptop).

(I'm still biting my bottom lip) Hmm, maybe I'm hungry? I'll have a chocolate after this :)

So.

Today I bought Air Kisses and Textbook Romance. For all I care, if Zoe Foster write books about kinitting or gardening, I would still have bought it. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment