Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lunch at BLACK and Dinner at BUZO

LUNCH AT BLACK BY EZARD AT THE STAR

Black by Ezard is a glamourous and beautiful contemporary grill restaurant at the newly renovated The Star. The design and decor of the room is dazzling and drop dead gorgeous. I was having lunch with a girlfriend and I started with a glass of cocktail while waiting for her.

Leisure Suit : London dry gin, elderflower, apple, rosewater, cucumber.
With some delicious brioche and butter. The brioche loaf looked cute too :)

The cocktail list, served to you in an iPad :) I'll come back soon to try the Smoky Diamond and Velvet Martini :) I'm that type of person who choose cocktails based on their names more than what's in it :)

Entree Oysters with yuzu and wakame jelly.
Fresh and lovely. The textures of the jelly and the oysters are quite nice together :)

Main Flat iron Grain fed wagyu MBS 9+ 200 g, green beans, lemon butter, mushroom sauce. With a glass of Cabertnet Sauvignon.
I've read that the kitchen sous-vide the steaks, cooking them (individually vacuum-packed) in a water bath at 54 degrees for up to 1.5 hours before finishing them on a wood-fired grill (steak ordered blue go straight to the grill). The steak is really delicious, I've never actually had this cut of meat (flat iron) before so I don't know how the sous-vide affect the steak, but the steak is super tender and the mushroom sauce compliment the steak really well :) Yum!

Dessert Champagne ice cream, almond shortcake, vanilla custard, raspberry consommé.
This dessert is so pretty and delightful. Light enough for lunch and just perfect to close off a fantastic and fulfilling lunch on a sunny friday.

I love the restaurant and the food. The food come quickly too (don't you like that? I like that) and the service is very professional and excellent. I understand some people don't like the fact that the restaurant sous-vide the steak as they said the meat lose its meatiness (or something) but I appreciate restaurants who do things differently as that is what makes Black unique and the reason why I love eating at different restaurants all the time is because of the way their food is different from one another yet still amazing all the same.


What a breathtaking view (photo from www.ezard.com.au)

The glamorous interior (photo from www.thestar.com.au)

DINNER AT BUZO TRATTORIA WOOLLAHRA

One Sunday evening, I went to Buzo for dinner. I love dining out on Sunday nights (as the restaurants are not too busy and everyone looks happy and chilled) yet not many places open on Sunday night so I'm glad that places, such as Buzo open. Cheers and thank you Buzo.

Entree Spanner crab, ocean trout and mascarpone fritata.
Oh Man, 3 of my favourite things together : crab, egg, and mascarpone. This must be one of the most amazing thing in the world. And the fact that it is so light too, wow, (my hat is off). I finish the whole lot and I wanted more (I'm just greedy I guess). The roe at the top add textures to the creamy dish and I loveeee those pop fishy saltiness. 

Main Vincisgrassi, porcini, mushroom, prosciutto, truffle & parmigiano lasagne.
Wow, while the entree is delicious but light, this lasagne is delicious but also rich, satisfying, sumptuous , indulging, gratifying, comforting. You name it all (and fattening). But I don't care.

Dessert Torta di Verona. Mascarpone, pandoro, raspberry & almond trifle. 
Creamy, super duper yummy. Hit the spot. My dining partner had the warm baked chocolate, almonds & vanilla gelato which is one of the best chocolate dessert I've ever tasted! But I was very happy with my own dessert. ^^

I love the ambiance of the room, it is not big, but very elegantly decorated and lovely. It was such an amazing night. I just gained 50 pounds. But I (still) don't care and I can diet tomorrow (or not). ^^

Black by Ezard and Buzo Trattoria are both awarded the coveted one hat in the most current Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide 2013.


Love the warm intimate vibe inside the restaurant. Such a perfect cozy bistro for a quiet Sunday night, this is fine dining at its laid-back best :) 
(photo from http://www.pikewithers.com.au/portfolio/hospitality/2/buzo-restaurant/)
"Man shall not live by bread alone." --The Bible 
 "A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart, who looks at her watch." -- James Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment