Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My weekly diary :)

1. I love these super adorable illustrations by Heng Swee Lim. These will put a smile on your face and brighten up your day :))













 

2. I love how enthusiastic this booking.com ad is!



3. I love Margot Robbie, especially when she talked about winning an eating competition :) Man, she's gorgeous AND funny!



4. I love these cards. So funny and smart and awesome :)












5. I love these playful and visual illustrations of the Chinese language characters by ShaoLanHsueh! I grew up learning Mandarin and I wished I knew all these Chineasy back then to make my learning more fun and much easier.



6. I love these Napkin Notes by Garth Callaghan. A 44-year-old father with terminal cancer writes 826 notes on napkins to pack with his daughter's lunches for everyday she has class, through high school. So beautiful a father's love is :(




6. I love these 2 quotes about wisdom and seeing beauty:

"Knowledge is marvelous, but wisdom is even better."
- Kay Redfield Jamison

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
- Franz Kafka

These week I:

- read Crazy Rich Asian by Kevin Kwan


- read The Debutante by Kathleen Tessaro

Both books are quite fun and easy to read. That's what I needed this week. Something light and de-stressing.

- watched The Sorcerer and the White Snake. This movie is about a thousand-year-old kind-hearted white snake demon who falls in love with a human being and a monk who tries to separate the two. Very visually beautiful, although a bit slow at times. I personally prefer the original Tv series that I loved to watch growing up.


I also watched a Tv documentary 'A day in the life of Misty Copeland'. Misty is the first African American soloist in the American Ballet Theatre and this documentary shows what she does in a day, from dance rehearsal, performing at a benefit, talks to aspiring young dancers, brief chat with magazine editor, to meeting with her business partner about an upcoming dance wear line. Such a role model for dancer and woman everywhere! Beautiful, hardworking, successful and full of passion and life!

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.

Invest less time in being jealous of people's life and more time in making other people jealous of your life.


Picture sources:
1. http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/heng-swee-lim-i-love-doodle
4. http://that-man-is-playing-galaga.tumblr.com/post/44177857486/some-people-just-know-how-to-do-birthday-cards
5. http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/shaolan-chineasy
6. http://mymodernmet.tumblr.com/post/75054430847/napkin-notes-by-garth-callaghan-a-44-year-old
Misty Copeland http://www.thestarklife.com/2012/01/11/misty-copeland-prima-ballerina/

Until next week :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment