Tuesday, January 28, 2014

WEEKLY DIARY

THIS WEEK: 

1. I've always loved Dita Von Teese and these pictures of hers are just STUNNING.




 


Ohhh... I love the white/silver bed in the last picture and its surrounding wallpaper! How grand and elegant!

2. 
I saw 'Tear This Heart Out (Arrancame La Vida)' this week and Wow, what a powerful movie! The movie takes place over the span of several years within the 1930s in Mexico, surrounding the story of Catalina, a beautiful young girl born to a middle-class family who meets the cunning and charismatic much older General Andres, fell in love and marry him. The story was partly based on the factual lives around General Maximiano Avila Camacho, who is known to be arrogant, violent and ruthless to his political enemies. He is the brother of the President of the United Mexican States from 1940-1946, Manuel Avila Camacho. This movie, with a budget of over $6 000 000 was at the time of its production the most expensive ever made in Mexico. It was the official submission of Mexico to the Foreign Language category of the 2009 Academy Award competition.
I love movies about strong beautiful women and this is a fine example of such. Catalina grows from an innocent young woman to a brave, clever and strong, courageous politician wife. Throughout watching this movie, I felt all the many emotions of Catalina, which is portrayed brilliantly by Ana Claudia Talancon. The costumes from that 1930s era are GORGEOUS, I also love the captivating soundtrack and the rich beautiful cinematography of Mexico lands and cities. Overall, such a breathtaking movie! I'd highly recommend it!

3. I love this list of age-appropriate chores for children. Children are smart!

4. I love this mermaid inspired sofa. So pretty. I want one :))


5. I love these life advices from Bill Gates.


6. And I love these rules for life according to wolves :D


Things I want to remember:
-Do not listen with the intent to reply, but with the intent to understand.
-Your body language and positioning has a negative effect on your mood. Slouching leads to sadness and depression in seconds.
-Get out of the habit of saying "I don't care". Instead, say "I don't mind" or something similar.
-Excellence is not a singular act but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.

Quotes I love:
"The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success."
-- Brian Tracy

"One way to open your eyes to unnoticed beauty is to ask yourself, 'What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?"
-- Rachel Carson

"Say yes, and you'll figure it out afterwards."
-- Tina Fey

Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others.

Picture sources:
1. http://www.dita.net
4. http://cocogal.tumblr.com/post/24628825698

No comments:

Post a Comment