Friday, March 28, 2014

THIS WEEK:

1. I'm loving 'The Cyclist's Empire print' by Thomas Yang. Such an amazing combination of New York City's bike culture mixed together with an iconic NYC building. Using 7 different types of bicycle tires, Yang rolled ink into paper to produce the Empire State Building's recognizable shape. Wow!





2. Still related to New York, I love this cupcake atm!


3. And because I'm only little (5 ft) ^^, I love this cup :)

4. I stumbled upon this video on youtube. How funny! :D



5. I love watching Disney movies and I'm loving all these memorable Disney quotes/pictures from @disneydiaris (instagram account).
















6. I love Tim Siedell's twitter account @badbanana. He makes me rolling on the floor laughing :D



Other tweets of him which I love:

"Hip! Hip! Hooray!" -  Guy who really likes hips.

Let us in, hard shell tacos. Let us in.

Special K is for showoffs. An ordinary bowl of K is good enough for me.

Million dollar idea: collect dollar bills until you have about a million of them.

Feeling pretty good about my chances of sneaking through this life without ever bungee jumping.

I prefer crushed ice. Hard to enjoy a cool drink when your ice has hopes and dreams.

I don't want to die doing something I love. I want to die doing something I hate. That way I don't have to finish it.

7. I love this commitment comic! :D

8. I love these life advices from @LifeCheates:

- If you have a tough decision: Flip a coin -- Not to decide for you, but you'll realize what you really want when it's in the air.
- Never base life decisions on advice from people who don't have to deal with the results of your decisions.
- Don't want to be embarrassed when buying something? Buy a birthday card along with it.
- Easy way to wake up: Play a game on your phone! It will stimulate your mind.
- SMILE AS SOON AS YOU WAKE UP, YOU'LL BE IN A GOOD MOOD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.

9. I saw not one, but two feel-good movies this week. One is 'Beautiful Lies', a charming French romantic comedy about a hairdresser (Audrey Tatou) who copies and forwards an anonymous letter that she previously received from her handyman to her single mother to motivate and cheer her up. Things get complicated along the way and the whole thing becomes really funny :) I've always loved movies starring Audrey Tatou and this one is no exception. I just love watching her act :)

The other movie that I saw is 'Kopps', a hilarious Swedish comedy hit. 'Kopps' is set in a small peaceful Swedish town where a group of cops face a crisis: their station is scheduled to be closed because there is no crime. Their solution is to stir up crimes so that they can keep their jobs! Oh dear! :D

I love both movies. So often I'd prefer to watch deep, thoughtful (and often depressing) arthouse dramas so it's good to watch something light and a bit silly once in a while! These 2 movies make me smile, has funny & brilliant twists in the plots and amazingly acted (I especially love the rather nervous receptionist working at Audrey Tatou's salon in 'Beautiful Lies'.

10. I'm loving all these quotes: 

"Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not."
Virgil Garnett Thomson

"Give me 6 hours to chop a tree, I will spend the first 4 sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln

"Treat the Earth Well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children."
Kenyan Proverb

Happiness will never come to those who don't appreciate what they already have.

"The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook."
William James

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
Satchel Paige

Picture Sources:
1. http://mymodernmet.tumblr.com
2. @katespadeny (instagram account)
3. www.etsy.com
5. @disneydiaris (instagram account)
6. Tim Siedell @badbanana twitter account
7. buttersafe.com
8. @LifeCheates (twitter account)

UNTIL NEXT TIME! HEHE HOPEFULLY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER ;) X

No comments:

Post a Comment