Saturday, April 5, 2014

HAPPY SATURDAY!

I love these Evian dancing babies ad! Isn't this the cutest ad ever?



This week, I saw 4 great movies. I love all of them:

AIRDOLL (Japan)




This movie tells a story of a Japanese sex doll who comes alive one day and how it/she reacts to life. She finds a day job at a video store, discovers human life, develops a heart and falls in love. The whole idea might sound strange, but for the open-minded, the story told is actually so wonderfully thoughtful, sweet, and the cinematography is so gorgeous. The cinematographer is Ping Bin Lee, who is known for his work on the beautiful Wong Kar Wai movie 'In the mood for love' and the idea of this movie is from a short manga by Yoshiie Goudais. This movie is not just about sex or a sex doll, but about human loneliness and emptiness in general, and also about the everyday beauty and wonder of life that we often forget. I really love this movie.

RECONSTRUCTION (Denmark)


This Danish movie is quite strange at first but because it has such a mesmerizing style that I ended up loving all the strangeness of it. I haven't felt this way since watching Wong Kar Wai movies, which I also love because of the feel of all his movies (the cinematography, background music, characters) more than the actual movie plots itself. This psychological romantic drama film is engaging, unusual and also at the same time, romantic. I feel for the affair of Alex and Aimee. It almost reminds me of those deep love affairs that I had that I can just forget a month/ a year after. Was all of it real? I don't 100% 'get' this movie but I think that's the beauty of this movie and (this is going to sound strange) but I love how it leaves me feeling confused and makes me think and feel.

THE SWIMSUIT ISSUE (Sweden)


Ohh! This is such a hilarious movie! This Swedish movie is about a group of everyday almost middle-aged men who come together to form the only Swedish all-male synchronized swimming team. The movie has a lot of heart and is so much fun!!

THE VALET (France)


I love French romantic comedies and this charming and funny movie is one of the best I've seen so far! The perfect girls-night-in movie!

I'm loving this pasta shapes comic by Gemma Correll! I LOVE pasta ^^

From http://www.gocomics.com/four-eyes/2014/03/10

I love this 'How to be happy' tips from http://www.thebeautyofwordsblog.com

I love these quotes:

"The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back"
- Abigail Van Buren

"I've known people that the world has thrown everything at to discourage them...to break their spirit. And yet something about them retains a dignity. They face life and don't ask quarters."
- Horton Foote

"Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit."
- http://psych-quotes.tumblr.com

and these:

"Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change."
- Malcolm X

"... but it already seems pretty obvious that the world is divided into two groups: the doers and the watchers. The people things happen to and the rest of us who just sort of plod on with things."
- Gayle Forman, Just One Day

"Every morning we get a chance to be different. A chance to change. A chance to be better. Your past is your past. Leave it there. Get on with the future part."
- Nicole Williams

"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud."
- Emile Zola

LET'S GROW SOME GUTS

No comments:

Post a Comment