Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DARLING HARBOUR

Icecube Seafood Grill & Bar


Last Saturday night, me and a girlfriend went to Icecube Seafood grill & Bar for dinner. It's overlooking the beautiful waters of Darling Harbour. The weather was breezy and place was Lovely. The food's beautiful :)

Hot and cold seafood platter for 2 $135.00
Half lobster tossed in garlic, fresh king prawns, grilled king prawns, freshly shucked oysters, crisp fried fish, salt ‘n pepper calamari, blue swimmer crab, smoked salmon & mussels. Served with fries & garden salad



Fluffy bitter sweet chocolate mousse with nougatine and berries $12.5

There were fireworks just before our food arrived. I know the picture is bad. But just to prove that the fireworks was there :)


We were so full. The mousse is just to my liking, rich but not too sweet. It's really delicious and the seafood is fresh. We were seated outdoors and we checked out guys who walked past the restaurant (which is alot because the restaurant is near the taxi stand) . Lol

Adria Rybar and Grill


The next day, on a Sunday night, I met up with a guy for drinks and dinner. He suggested that we met at Darling Harbour. We went to Adria Rybar and Grill, which has a gorgeous view overlooking the water/harbour as well. He was so nice, he let me order desserts. That's the type of guy whom I want to marry one day :)

Chargrilled Calamari, Roasted Capsicum Salsa, Lime and Pepper Mayonnaise $19


Barramundi Fillet, Truffled Risotto and Mediterranean Caponata $34


Chocolate Fondant with Zabaione Canolli and Ice Cream $13


The fondant is perfect and runny when I cut it open into half. The barramundi dish is so fragrant! I couldn't stop sniffing it (and I asked my date to sniff it too!) (Now I wonder if I'll have a 2nd date with this guy). The calamari is a stand-out dish for me, Its so tender, and the mayonnaise is so delicious. If it's not the first date, I seriously would have finished that bowl of mayonnaise. Man! We also ordered the Garlic & Parsley bread which is probably the best garlic bread I've ever have in my life. The service here is also friendly and fantastic.

So both nights have been filled with great food, great company, great conversation, and great views. Probably the Sunday one is a tiny bit better because my bill was paid for.

Don't hate me because I'm being honest. X

--------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I *love* finding a good restaurant. Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuummmmy! That looks so good! BTW did you try the capirinha drink yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx:) x

    Luiza: Of course I have! you should recommend more cocktails, so that I have a reason to drink cocktails haha.

    ReplyDelete