Monday, August 30, 2010

TABOU, Surry Hills


http://yourrestaurants.com.au/static/media/x600/56293_53973_.jpg

One beautiful Friday night, my girlfriend and I felt like having French for dinner. We first saw Tabou at the front part of Crown st, then we walked along Crown st (for about half an hour) yes until the very end (with my super high heels) and finally decided to go back to Tabou. Back At Tabou, we needed to wait 45 minutes for a table, so we stood outside, hanging aroung, staring at the food menu (occasionally also stared at the diners' foods).
I know, very polite.

Once we were seated, of course we were starving. The complimentary bread and butter, to me, is probably the best bread and the best butter I've ever had in my life. Not because I was beyond hungry, but they are simply Goood. With triple o that is. o-o-o. And capital G. The bread is crunchy on the outside, warm and soft in the inside. The butter is not salty, but so tasty and soft super spreadable too. A little goes a long way. Wish I took a photo of the bread and butter, but I was too busy eating. Hey I can't be blamed.

COQUILLES SAINT JACQUES $26
Seared scallops, braised Wagyu oxtail, celery puree

This little entree is AMAZING. The scallops are perfectly cooked and the beef is so tender and the sauce is AMAZING (I'm not that good of a food blogger, am I? :) because my vocabulary is limited to 'great' and 'amazing')

SOUFFLÉ AUX FROMAGES $22
Twice baked gruyere and goat’s cheese soufflĂ©

Cheesy goodness! I was in heaven. (NO, I WASN'T DEAD)

AGNEAU $35
Roast lamb rack, braised shoulder, sweetbreads, ratatouille

This lamb is AMAZING too. Tender. The sauce is subtle so you (I) can taste the lamb. We asked for extra sauce to dip our french fries into. The french fries is crispy, thin and not oily. (not oily = okay to finish the whole bowl). The chef is AMAZING!

PARIS BREST $13
Paris brest, praline cream, almond sorbet

Seriuosly, I mean seriously, the almond sorbet is delicious (and pleasingly light at the same time). The whole dessert is (yes here we go) AMAZING.

The restaurant is beautiful and cosy. It is packed, but The waiters and the lady manager are still so friendly and nice. I love those type of great, welcoming service. The whole dinner experience is fantastic.

I love Tabou. It's hard to pick my favourite dish because everything is so freaking 'AMAZING', but I would say the scallop.

I was still thinking about the food the next day, even now. And writing this only drive my stomach crazy.

"Close your eyes and imagine an intimate French bistro on La Rive Gauche. Open them and you've got Tabou..." SMH Good Food Guide 2008

Ps : Tabou Is awarded 'Favourite Bistro' in the Sydney Good Food Guide Awards 2006 & 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks absolutely heavenly! I will definitely have to dine there one day!

    ReplyDelete