Monday, January 20, 2014

WEEKLY DIARY: life advices and other wise stuffs

1. I love these rainbow mountains in China. I would love to visit here one day :))



2. I love this hair colouring ad! So creative!


3. I love this picture from @IncredibleViews.
'Parents made their son's wheelchair into the most awesome Halloween costume ever. How amazing!


4. I love this quote about mental illness. So true!
"Mental illness is like fighting a war where the enemy's strategy is to convince you that the war isn't actually happening."
- Kat

5. I love this new year resolution from Marie Claire Australia February 2014 edition:

From the life coach, Domonique Bertolucci:
"I'll be asking myself, 'What would I like to say about my year at the end of 2014?' Once I know where I'm heading for the year, I can break that down into small, easily achievable goals. The most important change every woman can make in 2014 is to give up on being perfect and focus on being the best she can be. Treat yourself as you would your best friend: be warm, encouraging and supportive, not critical, abusive and negative. This is the only way to protect your self-esteem, nurture your confidence and allow you to be the best."

From the holistic expert, Donna Abate:
"My New Year's resolution each year is imagining who I want to become by the end of the year. Not knowing where we're going in life makes us feel unmotivated and is unproductive. We may have the best intentions, but never get around to creating change unless we make time for it. Try to find time away from work and fill it up proactively so you are moving in the direction you need. Making a commitment to yourself boost your confidence very quickly.

From the dermatologist, Dr Cara McDonald:
"My skin resolution for 2014 is consistency! I'm a sucker for new products. The problem is we often don't give good products a chance to work. A period of weeks to months is usually required to modify the characteristics of the skin and see results. And don't worry about skin irritation at first - the trick is to expect some slight stinging, dryness, peeling and even redness, and let it settle down. I start slow with a new product - just using it every second day - and use only one new product at a time."

6.  I'm glad that I came across this, for future reference when I have to go for a job interview :)


7. This past week :
I watched 'Reign of Assassins'. I watched this because it starred 2 of my favourite Chinese actresses, Michelle Yeoh and Barbie Hsu.




I love Michelle Yeoh whenever she's being interviewed :)



I love Barbie Hsu. So beautiful !


 


I finished reading 'The Flirt' by Kathleen Tessaro. I have loved Kathleen Tessaro books 'Elegance' and 'The Perfume Collector' in the past. I quite enjoyed 'The Flirt' although not as much as the other two but I'm still glad that I read it. Two of my new year resolutions for 2014 is to read more books and to update my blog weekly, so I'm glad that I at least fullfill those two :))


'He was a creature of habit and married to the inflexible, set routine of his daily life. One of the pleasures of living by yourself is the privilege of being able to practise, day by day, in whatever order you wish, the rituals that define your tastes and aspirations without any threat of disruption. And at fifty-eight, Valentine was deeply grateful for his solitude.
He had loved, a few times briefly but only once seriously. The love wasn't returned and so he made peace with all the aspects of single life that many people find so abhorrent. Now he valued them above all else. Over time, he'd mutated from a lonely, watchful person into a completely self-sufficient one, treating himself with the same affection a lover would. The older he was the more he realized that few people were given the time and means to be as completely indulged as he was. Hew hadn't had to accommodate another human being on any matter of significance for years. He was entirely, unapologetically selfish and grateful for the opportunity to be so. Now when he thought of the woman who broke his heart (which was rare), he viewed it as a narrow escape." page 71-72 of 'The Flirt'

8. I love these life advices from @LifeCheates:
- The Two-Minute Rule: If you see something that needs doing, and it can be completed within two minutes, do it immediately.
- If there is something big you want to accomplish, tell all your friends about it. The fear of them knowing you failed will keep you going.
- If you lend someone $20 and you never see them again, it was worth the $20.
- Feeling down? Take a shower. Feeling clean helps boost your self-esteem.
- Get a small pan and fill with water. Add some vanilla extract and cinnamon and put on the stove. Your house will smell like a bakery.
- Put wine in a blender for 20 seconds is a method of aeration that soften the tennis in the wine and can make cheap wine taste amazing.
- Potential is exciting. But you can't have a relationship with someone's potential.
- If you want to quit smoking, go to a sauna for 3 days in a row and you'll sweat out the nicotine which will make it easier to quit.
- If you ever suspect someone is following your car, take four right turns. It forms a circle, and if they're still behind they are following.

9. Other life advices that I love:
- Life isn't fair, but it's all good.
- Save for things that matter.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasions. Today is special.
- Overprepare, then go with the flow.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words, 'In five years, will this matter?'
- Get outside everyday. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
- Growing old beats the alternative - dying young

Sometimes the best revenge is to smile, move on and do nothing.

"The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood."
-Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment