Monday, January 13, 2014

WEEKLY DIARY: What I love this week

This week:

1.  I love this Jimmy Choo Fashion Afternoon Tea at Mandarin Oriental Munich. I LOVE afternoon tea and this one is so pretty!


2. I love what Sarah Wilson said about internet dating. I agree completely!

"
I learned I don't like internet dating, but I stick to it to see if it can surprise me. I find attending to 'criteria' is not how I want romance to strike. And the point being, I want to bestruck. I want to be pursued, courted. Knocked over. It's going to take that...a real blow to the kneecaps from a guy who's brave enough to come that close. Which leads me to...

I learned - or had it reiterated - that the disconnect between single men and women (and there is one; we all talk about, right?) can be blamed in part on the fact that old-fashioned courtship just doesn't happen anymore. Women want it. Men are scared to do it, especially in their hardened thirties and beyond (when too many knockbacks leave them 'gun shy' and the pool of women is so broad that they don't really have to 'fight' for the woman they want...so much so, they lose sight of what kind of woman they actually want). And, I'm sorry, I do think intimacy works out better when men do the active courting. It just does.

The rules of courtship once made things clear: “you do that, I do this”. Now we send non-committal “free kisses” to each other, hoping the other will take the lead and buy some stamps or make the first concrete, move out into the non-virtual. Me, I don’t respond to free kisses, only the men who “man up” and pay up and send me a proper message or invite into the non-virtual, real world. Which is the equivalent of wanting a man to actually walk across a room and introduce themselves, as opposed to giving a cursive glance as they walk past on the way to the loo.
This was the saddest picture I took from the whole thing:
We’re all noncommittally sending out free kisses. Waiting for the other to pay up and get real.
The older you get, the more varied and enhanced your life is…and the higher the bar for someone to be able to come in and add something. At my age, a woman rarely needs a man. She wants one. Which is a very different bar, no?"

3. I love this picture. So adorable :))


4. I love these quotes from Alain de Botton:
The easiest cure for unrequited love: get to know them better.

When women say they want a man with a good sense of humour they don't want jokes in general: they want a man who can laugh at himself.

Anyone who isn't embarrassed by who they were last year probably isn't learning enough.

We should keep a careful diary of our moments of envy - and use them as covert guides to what we should try to do next.

Things get so much easier if we can show we're hurt rather than mean.

5. I love these healthy eating/diet tips:

Can't decide if you're hungry? Ask yourself if you want an apple. If you answer 'no' then you're probably bored instead of hungry!

I also love these 5 basic diet tips from 'Amodelrecommends'. I love food too much to ever go on a strict diet but these 5 tips makes so much sense and I find it quite doable :)


6. This guy made his own private theatre. Wow, I so cool!


7. I've just finished reading The no 1 Ladies detective agency by Alexander McCall Smith and this book has become one of my favourite book of all time. Such a charming book, clever, heart-warming, the African culture makes reading this so interesting to me, yet the way the author tells the story is so beautifully simple in a way. Very enchanting and amusing. I'm looking forward to read his other books from the No 1 Ladies detectice agency series.

"If Mma Ramotswe had listened to her father, if she had listened to the cousin's husband, shoe would never have married Note and the years of unhappiness would never have occurred. But they did, because she was headstrong, as everybody is at the age of twenty, when we simply cannot see, however much we may think we can. The world is full of twenty-year-olds, she thought, all of them blind."

"Mma Ramotswe loved magazines. She loved their smell and their bright pictures. She loved interior design magazines which showed how people lived in far-away-countries. They had so much in their houses, and such beautiful things too. Paintings, rich curtains, piles of velvet cushions which would have been wonderful for a fat person to sit upon, strange lights at odd angles..."

8. I love figure skating and so looking forward to Sochi next month! I watched The US Nationals on youtube yesterday and there are so many highlights, with few of them include Jeremy Abbott superb short program and Gracie Gold's beautiful transformation and surprise win. I love it with someone's dream comes true :)


Sources:
1. http://pursuitist.com/jimmy-choo-fashion-afternoon-tea-mandarin-oriental-munich/
2. http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/2013/05/im-an-online-dater-and-it-changed-me/
3. http://lol-coaster.tumblr.com/post/70872716043/funny-bananas-comic-http-lolcoaster-org/

No comments:

Post a Comment